The sole purpose of this speaking topics page is not only to provide you with an opportunity to review some of Mr. Fredenburg’s most popular topics that revolve leadership, diversity/inclusion, student success, organizational success, and career leadership success, but its to provide you with a series of programs that you can use to empower your emerging and seasoned leaders for leadership success!
Although each of the speaking topics listed below have a specific focus, Mr. Fredenburg not only has the ability to customize any of these topics to meet the needs of your next event, but he also has a variety of leadership and diversity programs that you can use for upcoming trainings and retreat as well!
Leadership Re-Defined in the 21st Century
For almost 100 years, researchers, scholars, and educators have worked towards developing a solid definition of leadership. Throughout this process, not only has the definition of leadership evolved, but the characteristics and traits of an effective leader have advanced as well. Consequently, although are understanding of leadership has progressed, there are still a lot of myths about leadership that have to be addressed and re-defined in order for us to truly see the impact of leadership within our community, nation, and world!
In this engaging and transformational keynote presentation, Joshua Fredenburg not only re-defines what it means to be a leader in the 21st Century, but more importantly, he addresses the myths of leadership, provides insight about how anyone can make an impact in the world as a leader, and he empowers you with a set of leadership characteristics and traits that will enable you to to create the impact you wish to see in the world as a leader!
- Participants will learn about the evolution of leadership over the past 100 years and develop a solid working definition of leadership.
- Participants will recognize the leader from within and discover that everyone has the ability and capacity to serve as an effective leader in the 21stCentury despite how famous you are, how much money you possess, or the position or title that you hold.
- Participants will learn about the negative myths of leadership that can sometimes discourage people from seeing themselves as leaders or feeling unqualified to lead in the 21st
- Participants will learn about the foundational characteristics and traits that make someone an effective leader in the 21st
- Participants will be inspired, empowered, and equipped to serve more effectively as leaders in the 21stCentury after the session is complete.
United As One! – Five Leadership Practices that Will Empower Leaders to Serve, Inspire, Unify, and Lead Diverse Groups of People More Effectively in the 21st Century!
In today’s culture and society, not only is our communities, nation, and world more diverse than ever before, but the need for more culturally intelligent, competent, adaptable, agile, collaborative, and inclusive leadership is more important than ever before in order serve as an effective leader in the 21stCentury.
With all the unique differences that exist within our organizations, the ability to understand people, develop more positive relationships, create more unity amongst people with different backgrounds, construct more inclusive organizations, inspire diverse groups of people to reach their fullest potential, and lead diverse groups of people more effectively are leadership practices that every leader must possess in the 21stCentury to be effective and successful.
In this engaging and transformational keynote presentation, Joshua Fredenburg not only talks about the importance of diversity and inclusion, but he defines both of these words, provides a clear understanding of diversity and inclusion, and provides individuals with a set of leadership practices that will enable them to to serve, work, inspire, unify, and lead diverse groups of people more effectively with an inclusive lens as a leader.
- Participants will not only increase their leadership capacity at leading diverse groups of people, but they will develop a deeper understanding about the impact that diversity, inclusion, multiculturalism, and globalization are having on various organizations worldwide.
- Participants will become more culturally intelligent and learn how to avoid the negative pitfalls and experiences that transpire because of cultural incompetence.
- Participants will develop a set of specific leadership practices that will help them become more effective at connecting, building positive relationships, collaborating, inspiring, working, unifying, and leading diverse groups of people.
- Participants will not only learn about the negative impact that implicit bias have on leaders, but they will learn how to identify them and how to regulate them.
- Participants will learn about the importance of proper language, listening, emotional intelligence, leading with love, civility, adaptability, and appreciating the differences of others as it relates to global and diverse leadership.
RESILIENT LEADERSHIP! – THE FOUNDATION OF UNSTOPPABLE LEADERSHIP!
What sets apart history’s nameless leaders from the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Steve Jobs, Michael Jordan, Nelson Mandela, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, and Walt Disney? It is their ability to be resilient. Each of these great leaders became unstoppable in their area of expertise because they learned how to overcome adversity and bounce back from every challenge that stood between them and their desired purpose as a leader.
In this incredibly inspirational and powerful leadership session on resiliency, Joshua Fredenburg not only helps emerging and seasoned leaders develop a solid working definition of resilient leadership, but he provides them with a set of foundational and applicable leadership principles on resilient leadership that will enable these leaders to adapt, persevere, bounce back, and overcome any negative situation, circumstance, or challenge they face as a leader.
The resilient strategies used in this session will not only help attendees deal with worry, pressure, stress, despair, failure, and rejection more effectively, but it will provide them with a set of coping strategies, mental strategies, and emotional strategies that will enable these leaders to become more resilient in situations they face within an organization or company as a leader.
With increased pressures, challenges, and negative situations faced in today’s society, resilience training is needed more than ever to help people navigate through the unique challenges that people from all walks of life are facing daily in the 21st Century.
- Participants will develop a solid definition of resilient leadership, learn about the fundamental principles of a resilient leader, and find out why resiliency enables leaders to become unstoppable.
- Participants will discover some specific leadership strategies that will enable them to increase their confidence and self efficacy as a leader.
- Participants will learn about the importance of leading with purpose, possessing a support team, leading with the right perspective, being thankful, having a vision, and building your resilient tank daily.
- Participants will increase their GRIT as a leader and develop a set of mental and emotional strategies that help them become more resilient as a leader.
- Participants will leave the session with practical and applicable strategies that will enable them to overcome any challenge and circumstance within every aspect of their life.
Emotional Intelligent Leadership – The X-Factor Between Good and Great Leaders
In this engaging and heartfelt leadership session, emerging and seasoned leaders will not only learn about the importance of emotional intelligence, but they will learn why 90% of high achievers possess this valuable leadership skill set. In addition, these same leaders will also learn how to increase their emotional intelligence so that they can be more effective at leading, dealing with conflict, building positive relationships, communicating with others, and avoiding the negative experience because of a lack of emotional intelligence as a leader.
- Participants will develop a solid working definition of emotional intelligence and gain a deeper understanding about the importance of being an emotionally fit leader in the contemporary work environment.
- Participants will increase their leadership capacity and learn how to develop their emotional intelligence.
- Participants will learn how to manage and respond to the emotions of others in their stressful, challenging, and pressure-filled moments as a leader.
- Participants will learn about the positive correlation between emotional intelligence and effective leadership.
- Participants will learn how to deal with conflict more effectively, be more civil with others they disagree with as a leader, and develop positive relationships with others.
Social Change Leadership 2.0! – Everyday Activism!
In 2015, a study done at the University of California Los Angeles revealed that the incoming freshmen class of 2015 signaled the highest anticipation rate to participate in student protest since 1967. As this freshmen class of students enters their fourth year in college, its pretty clear on campuses throughout the nation that student activism has become a vital part of many student leaders on various campuses throughout the nation.
Unfortunately, although many of these student leaders desire to make a positive impact on their respected campuses, many fail to do so because they lack the leadership skill set and guidance needed at times to really create the change they wish to see in the world. Also, although several studies reveal the type of leadership needed to be an effective student activist, many fail to attain these skill sets because its not included enough in many leadership development programs all across the country.
To help solve this problem, Mr. Fredenburg will not only engage students with a transformational leadership presentation that consist of six specific points which are (Self-Awareness, Value Congruence/Character, Vision/Purpose, Collaboration/Coalition Building, Emotional Intelligence, and Resilience) to help students increase their leadership capacity as an agent of change, but he will teach students about the different aspects of activism through the use of various stories, quotes, videos, audience interaction, and reflection exercises to ensure that students walk away with some practical strategies that will empower them to make a positive impact in the world as a leader of social change.
- Participants will acquire a deeper understanding about what it means to be a student activist and learn about the different things that people can do to create the change they wish to see in the world.
- Participants will develop a set of six practical and applicable leadership skill sets that will enable them to create the change they wish to see in the world as a leader.
- Participants will not only become more aware of the leader from within, but they will learn how to build an effective team of people, create a vision grounded in purpose that inspires others, and develop a set of values that guides decisions and empowers others around them.
- Participants will increase their emotional strength as leaders while also discovering strategies that will enable them to be more resilient in their pursuit of creating the change they wish to see in the world.
- Participants will leave inspired, empowered, and motivated to make the world a better place.
Leading from the Inside Out! – Discovering the Leadership ‘Superpowers’ from Within to Make the World A Better Place!
Leadership development experts from Harvard and Stanford University concluded several years ago that the most important leadership skill set to develop in emerging leaders is self-awareness, which can be defined as a conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires.
With a better understanding of self, studies have revealed that leaders will be more effective than those who lack the understanding of self. Also, when a leader increases self-awareness and begins to lead from the inside out, they will be more effective at working with others, leading with their strengths, being emotionally intelligent, surrounding themselves with the right people, making better decisions, dealing with adversity, and becoming more productive as a leader.
In this transformational session, Joshua Fredenburg not only talks about the importance of self-awareness as it relates to effective leadership, but he helps leaders identify and use their leadership potential within to make the impact they were desire to achieve as a leader.
Participants who engage in this leadership development program will increase their self-awareness, learn more about their vision and purpose as a leader, become aware of the characteristics required to serve as an effective leader in their area of expertise, develop courage, and inspiration, as well as the authenticity needed to truly transform their organization and the lives of others who serve with them.
- Participants will develop a solid working definition of what it means to lead from the inside out.
- Participants will recognize the leadership potential within (strengths, passion, personality type, values, experiences) and learn how to use these leadership nuggets of potential to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Participants will be given the tools to create a solid vision as a leader grounded in purpose (the passionate reason why a person does what they do).
- Participants will learn about the character traits from within that they must possess in order to become an effective leader within their area of expertise.
- Participants will leave the session with courage, inspiration, and an authentic picture of the amazing leader that they can become when they discover the leader from within.
ARE YOU LEADING WITH THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIP PARTNER? – LEADERSHIP MEETS HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS!
Many people believe that one of the most important decisions you will ever make in life is the person that you decide to spend the rest of your life with. Unfortunately, although many people understand the significance of this decision, there are very few leadership programs that are geared towards helping emerging and seasoned leaders create a healthy relationship that is built to last a lifetime.
In this energetic, fun, and exciting program on leadership and healthy relationships, Joshua Fredenburg not only provides leaders with specific questions that will help them make solid decisions within their relationship lives, but he highlights five questions that every leader should consider before they engage in a serious relationship from his newest relationship book entitled, 50 Questions Before YOU Say “I Do.”
- Participants will learn about the impact that a healthy relationship can have on a leader’s
- Participants will discover some of the key questions that every leader must consider before they engage in a serious romantic relationship.
- Participants will learn how to protect themselves from a toxic and unhealthy relationship.
- Participants will learn about the importance of effective communication, self- awareness, shared values/purpose, compatibility, character, and effective conflict management as it relates to healthy relationships and leadership.
THINK RIGHT! CREATE RIGHT! BE RIGHT!
The Positive Intersection between Leadership, Diversity, Inclusion, and Fairness!
In today’s culture and society, people are not just concerned about the diversity of an organization or company, but they are concerned about the inclusion and fairness that exist within various organizations and companies as well.
In order to ensure that are organizations are diverse, inclusive of all people, and fair, we need emerging and seasoned leaders who know how to lead diverse groups of people and create a organizational culture that is inclusive and fair for all people involved.
In this engaging, transformational, and powerful leadership session, Joshua Fredenburg not only provides helps people see the positive intersection between leadership, diversity, inclusion, and fairness, but he provides these leaders with a set of leadership strategies that will enable them to lead and create a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organizational structure that enables everyone to feel valued and reach their fullest potential.
- Participants will discover the value, productivity, and impact that diversity, inclusion, and fairness can have on the organization and leadership.
- Participants will learn how to connect, lead, and build positive relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Participants will learn how to create an inclusive vision and organizational structure that enables everyone within the organization to feel empowered, valued, and positioned to reach their fullest potential.
- Participants will recognize the positive intersection between leadership, diversity, inclusion, and fairness in the 21st Century.
- Participants will learn about the impact and importance that leading by example has on an organization that desires to be diverse, inclusive, and fair.
FROM GOOD TO GREAT! – LEADING IN A TIME OF TRANSITION AND CHANGE!
Although CHANGE can pose several challenges for emerging and seasoned leaders, most leadership experts will agree that effective CHANGE can result in progress, growth, increased profits, and greater productivity. With all the unique CHANGES manifesting within our organizations, culture, and society, it is important that leaders learn how to effectively lead in a time of transition and change.
In this powerful, engaging, and inspirational leadership session, Joshua not only helps emerging and seasoned leaders learn how to effectively lead in times of transition and change, but he talks about some of the reasons why emerging and seasoned leaders of the 21st Century must be effective in times of transition and change if they desire to become great leaders! In addition to learning about how to lead in a time of transition and change, Joshua will also provide each leader with a set practical and applicable leadership strategies that will enable them to lead more effectively in a time of transition and change!
- Participants will learn how to effectively lead in a time of change and transition.
- Participants will discover how to experience more progress, productivity, and growth during a time of change and transition within their respected organizations.
- Participants will develop a set of specific leadership strategies that will enable them to effectively transition or change from one leader or exec board to another.
- Participants will learn about the importance of self-reflection, visionary leadership, building a support team, adaptable leadership, resilient leadership, and emotional intelligence during a time of change and transition.
UPHOLDING THE LEGACY! – LEADERSHIP MEETS GREEK LIFE
Numerous studies reveal the positive impact that a Fraternity or Sorority has on emerging and seasoned leaders within a campus community. Most people who decide to join a Fraternity or Sorority have positive things to say about their experiences.
Despite the positive experiences reported, there are also negative experiences published internationally regarding the Fraternity or Sorority experience on university and college campuses. In order to promote the positive stories and less of the negative experiences with the Fraternity or Sorority experience, we need effective leaders who can model the way of great leadership for their brothers or sisters.
In this engaging leadership talk, Joshua speaks about the importance of leadership as it relates to the positive legacy of the Greek experience. He provides emerging and seasoned leaders within this community with a set of leadership tools that will enable them to effectively deal with apathy, value in-congruence, in-effective leadership, toxic environments, and create a memorable Fraternity and Sorority experience for all its members.
- Participants will learn about what it means to be a REAL LEADER!
- Participants will find out why its important for the leaders of the organization to lead by example.
- Participants will discover the secrets to inspiring, motivating, and empowering the members of their organization.
- Participants will understand why exceptional character can determine the longevity, culture, attitude, and legacy of your organization.
- Participants will recognize the key leadership characteristics that have enabled ALL LEADERS to make a positive impact in their community, nation, and world
- Participants will be inspired and prepared to uphold the legacy of their Fraternity and Sorority.
Living the Dream! – How to Make Your Dream A Reality!
More than 50 years ago, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., not only gave one of the most powerful speeches in American History entitled, “I Have A Dream”, but his DREAM still resonates with people all across the world today! Similar to Dr. King Jr., thousands of people have DREAMS on the inside to manifest and make the world a better place for everyone.
In this transformational keynote presentation, Joshua not only defines what it means to have a DREAM, but he helps people discover the DREAM from within, learn about the key steps towards making that DREAM a reality, and provides insight on how to overcome the various challenges that people will have to overcome in order to make their DREAM a reality.
- Participants will learn how to discover the DREAM from within.
- Participants will learn about the key things that every individual with a DREAM must considered in order to make their DREAM a reality.
- Participants will develop a solid working definition of what a DREAM is.
- Participants will learn how to overcome the challenges and obstacles that every individual with a DREAM must face in order to see their DREAM become a reality.
- Participants will be inspired, empowered, and equipped to create a DREAM that has a lasting IMPACT within their community, nation, or world.
What’s Your Leadership Brand? – Four Steps That Will Enable You to Create A Leadership and Professional Brand That Will Position You For Personal, Career, and Leadership Success!
In today’s culture and society, one of the keys to attaining personal, career, and leadership success is creating a solid professional and leadership brand. According to various branding experts, a professional and leadership brand is not only unique, but in order to build your professional and leadership brand, you must increase your self-awareness, identify your target audience, and develop an awareness about the character traits you must possess in order to create a positive reputation and leadership brand.
In this engaging and transformational leadership session, Joshua Fredenburg not only helps student leaders understand the importance of creating a positive professional and leadership brand, but he leads them through a set of action steps that will enable them to create a professional and leadership brand that will position them for personal, career, and leadership success.
- Participants will develop a deeper understanding about leadership and professional brandsand find out why this aspect of leadership is so important for them to understand in the 21st
- Participants will discover the key things to consider when they are creating a personal and leadership brand as a leader in the 21st
- Participants will find out how to create a professional and leadership brand statement and communicate it effectively to others through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Participants will not only increase their self-awareness as a leader, but they will learn more about character, vision, digital excellence, and how to communicate more effectively as a leader.
- Participants will leave the session inspired, empowered, and more focused on how they plan to lead and make a positive impact in their community, nation, or world as a leader.
Organizational Excellence! – Four Leadership Strategies that will Lead towards Better Recruitment, Engagement, Retention, and Organizational Impact!
Although several student leaders of various campus-based organizations depend on student volunteers each year to execute their organizations mission, experts and campus-based professionals would agree that many student organizations have challenges recruiting and retaining committed, engaged, and dedicated student members for the entire school year.
In this transformational leadership session on organizational excellence, student leaders, e-board members, and council members who attend will not only learn how to recruit committed student leaders as part of their organizations, but they will learn how to retain these dedicated student leaders through a set of four researched-based principles that have been created to increase the retention numbers of student organizations.
The four researched based points discussed in this engaging leadership session will revolve around helping student leaders identify the motivation of its volunteers to join the organization, creating a winning organizational culture, ensuring that proper role-placement within organization is created, and making sure that the leaders of the organization are leading with the right leadership style that leads to increased engagement and retention.
- Participants will learn about four researched-based strategies that will increase retention, engagement, and organizational impact.
- Participants will discover the different leadership strategies that will have a direct impact on the engagement, retention, and impact of volunteers within their organizations.
- Participants will attain information that will enable them to develop a more effective recruitment and placement strategy of volunteers who desire to serve or lead within their respected organizations.
- Participants will find out why certain volunteers stay within an organization and others decide to leave.
- Participants will leave inspired, empowered, and motivated to make the world a better place.